A pair of Fox News correspondents were severely beaten and hospitalized in Egypt on Wednesday as attacks on journalists there continue to escalate.
Correspondent Greg Palkot (pictured late last week) and his cameraman, Olaf Wiig, were attacked, Fox News reported on Thursday.
Also read: How Egypt's Social Media Revolution Could Spread Across the Middle East
Palkot and Wiig were above Tahrir Square when the attack happened, Fox News' John Roberts said on the air Thursday afternoon.
"They were forced to leave their position when a Molotov cocktail was thrown at it," Roberts said. "A large fire erupted.